- 3 large eggplants
- 1 butternut pumpkin
- 2 large zucchinis
- 150g cheddar grated
- 1 red onion, finely choppes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°c and line a baking dish with baking paper.
- Slice up the eggplant, pumpkin and zucchini into 1cm thick slices.
- Brush the vegetable slices with olive oil and salt, then grill the zucchini and eggplant in a hot griddle pan (or fry pan) for 2 minute a side.
- Lay pumpkin slices in the baking dish with olive oil and salt and bake for 10 minutes.
- Set aside all vegetables.
- To make the sauce, sauté the onion in a saucepan in a splash of oil until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and onion and fry until golden brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients, allow to simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce has reduced slightly.
- To assemble the bake, layer the grilled eggplant, pumpkin and zucchini followed by the sauce and cheese in an oven-proof dish, reserving some of the parmesan to finish the bake off with.
- Place the dish in the oven and allow to bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden.
Serve with some salad or alongside a roast chook!